Friday, March 18, 2011

EIGHT CUTS

.
Everything is happening at eight cuts this week.

You can, of course, still sneak peek and even purchase Oli Johns’ Charcoal; and Cody James' Dead Beat. Reviews are fabulous – and if you want to wander around at Year Zero Writers for a few hours, you will find more of Oli’s and Cody’s work, among many others'.


If the bidding there is already over your head or budget, try smashwords for Songs From the Other Side of The Wall or The Man Who Painted Agnieszka's Shoes. [Also SKIN BOOK, Thirteen Shadows Waiting For Sunrise, (life:) razorblades included and The Company of Fellows from Dan and the YZW collective.]

At eight cuts gallery you can spend an entire day wandering the virtual halls. Why not start….here. Each link is an avenue in the maze of artworks of all kinds. Click whenever it takes your fancy and enjoy your own unique tour.

And the cherry on the cake is the announcement that Penny Goring’s book Zoom Zoom will be released June 1st. If you have been to YZW or followed the advice to try an eight cuts gallery tour, you will know Penny’s work. If you've read it, you will remember it. One of the finest writers out and about today - and you could sample maybe Darklings or Squanderfuck to get a taste.

There is always a heap more there. It is a cornucopia. True story. Go; try it.

The very kind folks at flashing by have invited me to submit. Wow. I find that pretty scary to be truthful. I am used to blundering about alone; it is quite something to have such talented people ask me to join them.

I decided on a short poem. I draw in pencil, sometimes paint in acrylic - but I thought I'd try a bit of photoshop for my illustration. Maybe that way, if I blur the contrast between text and background, no one will be sure if the words stink or just the old photo.

Nothing ventured, they say.

Thank you and hi to the people visting from bibiotastic. Some star markers and some commenters. Cheers. Glad you enjoyed reading. For those who came here looking for links to the other books - I hope you enjoyed those too.

My dog is celebrating this week. He lost 8 of his required 10 kilos - down from 34kg to 26kg. He partied big time with a bone.

I celebrated yesterday with some different movies. Left the classics on the shelf for a while and watched:

Solomon Kane
Arn: The Knight Templar [I found out it was Arn Magnusson and not Orlando Bloom who prevailed upon Saladin to be merciful to Jerusalem when it fell. Who'd a thunk it?]
and Black Death.

Oh, and a bit more Sean Bean fix with some Silent Hill.

But then I had overdosed on hard geezers thru the week, with:

In Bruges
Fight Club
Snatch
Lock Stock
Smokin Aces
and also, just for something completely different, the original
True Grit.

I think there were others. My memory starts to blur.

Ah - to sleep; to sleep: perchance to dream....
Cheers.
.

No comments: