Friday, May 18, 2012

BLACK SUN REVIEW: TOUCHSTONE


Look what I just found when I followed the MERGE links to Black Sun Reviews: A WONDERFUL review of Touchstone from Soleil Noir. 

I love the review - I agree with Soleil because I love Freya too. Only just this morning I had a chat with someone who loved Dragan - and hoped he and Lenka would find happiness without my lovely warrior girl! Each to his own huh. I'm with Soleil... Check her thoughts: 

I had a hard time writing a review forTouchstone, not because it isn’t beautifully written and thought-provoking, it definitely is. The trouble lies in the fact that the blurb is just a little too good at telling you everything you need to know about the story. This is a very straight forward tale. There aren’t many surprises to be had. This isn’t a criticism, as I feel the book is mainly character driven and luckily for me the characters are very interesting.

 Freya is the perfect soldier, married to the job. She is a hard woman to love, something Dragan hasn’t yet begun to suspect. He’s all too eager to take her away from this life and settle down. But settling down was never in Freya’s plan. Touchstone doesn’t just ask can two people who’ve only known war survive peace, it also asks what happens when you only love the idea of a person, and not who they really are deep down in their core. This is something I’ve thought about a lot in life and so the book really resonated with me on that level.It also looks at what happens when you take away the thing that we feel defines us as individuals, and whether or not we can live with ourselves afterward.  [more....]
 .

No comments: